TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions are applicable to vendors and service providers, who must agree to them. In event that either party fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions, Jumia may terminate the provision of their services on the platform. Jumia reserves the right to modify these general terms and conditions without giving any justification.
2) Eligibility Requirements
Jumia shall have absolute discretion as to whether or not it accepts a Service Provider.
Payments are made to the Independent Service Provider as stated. Jumia will not handle any payments between service providers and vendors.
4) Jumia’s rights and obligations
- Jumia will list on the website the services vendor may need.
- Jumia reserves the right to modify this general terms and conditions without giving any justification. In that case, Jumia will give the Vendor and/or Service provider adequate notice via email. The notice will contain advice on the right and period of objection to the changes, and on the consequences of leaving unexercised the right to object.
- All communications will be done through emails
5) Vendor’s rights and obligations
- The Vendor is obliged to provide all the information necessary for the service provider to perform the task in hand
- The Vendor will be responsible for selecting and hiring the service provider of their choice.
- The Vendor has the right to request for service improvement if not satisfied by what has been done.
6) Service Provider’s rights and obligations
- The Service Provider is obliged to provide all service(s) he/she has listed to offer, and has been hired by Vendor to offer those service(s).
- The Service Provider has the right to opt out of the platform or stop offering services by deactivating his/her account.
7) Service Level Agreement (SLA)
All Service Providers must read and understand the SLAs and strictly adhere to them.
8) Termination of Services
This agreement is valid as soon as the Service Provider signs the SLA, and remains valid indefinitely, until termination by either party. Termination can occur at any time, either by Service Provider deactivating himself/herself from the Platform or by Jumia. Jumia has the discretionary right to discontinue the use of any Service Provider at any time.
9) Quality of Service
All nature of services provided must meet the recommended standards as agreed between service provider and vendor.
The Independent Service Provider is mandated to improve the particular service upon request at “no extra cost”
The Vendor indemnifies Jumia from all claims arising in relation to matters outside Jumia’s control, including but not limited to damage of services in the care of Service Providers.
All parties are obliged to treat confidentially the content of this agreement, as well as all other information and data they acquire in connection with the partnership, and not use it for purposes outside the scope of this contract or pass it on to third parties.
12) Dispute resolution
In case of disputes between vendor and service provider we encourage you to solve the disputes in a civil manner between the parties involved.
13) Acknowledgement of Agreement
By proceeding, you acknowledge to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions as stated above. You consent that this ‘Terms and Conditions’ is the exclusive definition of the mutual agreement between you (service provider and/or vendor) and Jumia which prevails upon any other former written or verbal agreement or any other communication between you and Jumia related to this contract.